PEACH AND MASCARPONE CAKE
For the layers:
3 large eggs /size L/
70 g sugar
300 g einkorn flour
250 g yogurt
1 tsp baking soda
50 ml of carbonated water
For the cream and the decoration:
500 g mascarpone
300 g sheep milk yogurt
700 g peeled compote peach
150 g raspberry jam
1 tbsp cocoa powder
How to make:
- Mix the eggs with the sugar in a large bowl.
- Quench the baking soda with the yogurt, stirring add them to the eggs and sugar and stir again.
- Add a little of the flour to the mixture, stirring constantly.
- Add the carbonated water and stir, if possible by a mixer.
- Pour the mixture into a pan covered with baking paper and bake at 180°C for about 45-50 minutes. Check the dough with a toothpick – dough should not stick to it.
- While baking the layer, mix the mascarpone and sheep milk yogurt to a homogeneous mixture.
- Cut the peaches from the compote into thin crescents.
- When the layer is baked, cool it for a few minutes and cut it in half into two thinner layers by a thread or string or a large knife.
- Put the first layer in a pan and syrup it with 100 ml of compote juice.
- Wait for the juice to absorb and spread about 1/3 of the cream /5 tablespoons/ on the layer.
- Arrange the peach pieces like a sun on top of the layer and sprinkle raspberry jam here and there. /Leave half of the jam to decorate the top layer/.
- Put the second layer on the first one.
- Mix well 100 ml of compote juice with cocoa in a cup /avoid lumps/.
- Syrup the second layer with this syrup and spread cream on it.
- Arrange the peach pieces like a sun on top of the layer and sprinkle raspberry jam.
- Finally, spread the remaining cream on the side of the cake.
- Put the ready cake in the refrigerator for several hours.